Hexagon Hexagon

It took me a while to figure out the controls (for a few minutes, I was simply hitting space, turning my arrow, then failing after 3 seconds). Eventually I realized what you meant in the author comments. A great game, really, and it becomes so addictive the faster it gets.

You should really include some instructions, though (or maybe on the main menu, is that how to play?), to avoid more people like me being stupid. 4/5 Stars, 5/5 daily.

Slimevolution Slimevolution

It just goes to show that some of the more addicting games weren't made over the course of months, although the ones that are most annoying to retry after extensive playtime are. I got to 16th evolution (definitely not the highest according to last reviewer). I came back playing for more until I finally lost at 16. At that point, I agreed on the fact it was fun and addictive, but I know I won't be coming back to this...today.

I know I'll come back tomorrow for more, because Slimevolution is a keeper.

Pixelulsar responds:

Thanks!

Zombie Resurrection Zombie Resurrection

Pros:
-The art style.
-The music (at first)
-Straightforward (at least for anyone who read the mini-tutorial at the beginning)
Cons:
-A couple bugs here and there (is a game made in 3 days so no affect on my review :P)
-The music itself eventually becomes annoying...
-The levels are repetitive, continually supplying the player with a Spring and TNT.

And @rayhs It shouldn't have, because at the beginning it says some materials aren't available to you till you hit start. But whomever (whoever?) is the programmer, I don't get that? Why can't we use TNT before?

Anyway 5/10 (or in this case 2.5 Stars) and 2/10. "Nothing too new or interesting."

Slime's Cake Quest Slime's Cake Quest

Slime! :D

This game is awesome. It's amazing and presents only a few flaws (those flaws merely being some bugs with collision with spikes, where normally the spike farthest to the left in a horizontal line normally does not affect Slime, or Slime does not react at all to spikes when he's eaten like 2 or 3 Foods).

Tips for other players:
-Slime slides around, and glides through the air.
-Slime glides over buttons.
-The cake is a lie (just kidding xD).

MintPaw responds:

Thanks man, I tightened up the collision. Wouldn't of caught it.

Burn versus Freeze Burn versus Freeze

It's alright, but even the first round took far too long for me. The starting strategy was group all my players into one ball of fire, which helped me to grab like 40 points to grab 3 enemies quickly (thanks to the accumulation on wood), but after that being left with 3 points vs. a guy with 30+ I remained on wood and continued to skip turns as (hopefully only on the first few levels), the AI would move away and try to accumulate points itself. By around 170, I caught up with the other guy, and be around 221 I overcame his score. When I was 30 ahead at 317/318 I took him down. But the round took far too long. I played the first round, but now see no point in using my time on more levels that look like they'll repeat that endless first. Good job for a Game Jam 7 game, but can't say I want to play some more.

FlyingColours responds:

Thanks for the review, but I think it's your strategy that made the game take too long. I'll send you a PM about that.

Super SOPA Bros. Super SOPA Bros.

Game looked promising, but when I finally hit PLAY, I got into a game where a saw a block with censored on it on the right side of the screen moving left to right, while another one sat dead center in the middle of the screen doing nothing. I'm guessing he's my player, but I can't move so...

Review Score: 1 Star (=2/10)
Submission Rating: 1/5

Scale of the Universe 2 Scale of the Universe 2

Great job!

I know much work has been put into doing this, and while a few grammatical issues are evident (ie. At 10^21.5, it says "has a has"), a lot of work was definitely done to perfect this and make it what in the future could even be a whole website. Good work, nice graphics, and nice little scrollbar that doesn't simply snap to wherever the mouse is, but slows to it so you can see everything (and probably so as to not slow down a slower computer this way).

GTA Flash GTA Flash

Intro was promising, the game was not.

The intro was promising, but then you get in the game with your car and drive around a bit. Once you kill all the enemies, you lose interest. Not sure if all the models are yours, though. But it doesn't look like much work was put on it. A few static "enemies" on a single intersection that give 10 points each.

So, um, really? Someone's got to try and make an actual GTA Flash game >.>

Super Drift 3D Super Drift 3D

Impressive Graphics, Great AI scripting...

Game is great, really. It has some pretty impressive graphics (for a flash game), and it looks like the AI was well-scripted not to fail and to stay on track and easing speeds that rise and decrease for certain parts of the tracks. I tried only one level using the Skyline, but I must say it was a great ride. Loved how the game worked out with the UI, especially the High-Score board as soon as you win/lose/conclude level.

What it's missing--Laps and Maps, two very important parts of racing games like this. It would be better as well if you included one or more AIs for the Easier levels, for example, 4 players?

Anyway, great game, great UI, IMPRESSIVE graphics, loved the simple HUD, loved the choice of cars and tracks and the showing of difficulty for even types of cars, the ability to switch the camera control, but it was definitely a setback not having a map of the track that would also include the location of the other player. It's something I kept searching for.

Anyway, great game. Something I would play a few more times. (If I wasn't dedicated to play this one other game every day for the rest of my life :3)

rumblesushi responds:

Thanks for the review, my next racing game is definitely going to have more opponents. For this game it was actually a style choice rather than a performance decision, I basically wanted it to be 1 on 1 like Initial D etc. Touge style.

As for laps, the first track can't really have laps because it's just a downhill mountain course, the second track was originally going to have 2 laps but I decided that 4 or 5 minutes might be a bit long for 1 race, as the track is obviously pretty big :)

Incidentally, the AI for the CPU cars is based on AI steering guided by spline points. It doesn't move along a spline, what it does is use spline points as a guide of where to steer, and calculates the angles of turns given these points to decide if braking is necessary etc.

Table Soccer 3D Table Soccer 3D

Like'd!

Despite the quirky controls for the game, I liked the game. It had a nice little timer, little Minecraft-like players, a worthy scoreboard, and a working AI system for this game of Table Soccer. Had fun with it, and I think I'll come back to play it a little more later on.

Scoring:
-Quirky Controls
-Lack of Music
+Player Design
+Scoreboard
+Perfect AI system

For the lack of music, I think it would be great if you loaded a few songs of the Audio Portal, or allowed people to add songs to a playlist for the game to play off a list. Either (or both) of those would be great for this game.

Notes: